6.23.2013

Sunday Sewing & Sunday Stash


I hope you had a good weekend and Summer Solstice.  I was going through some sewing bins and found this block in pieces.  I think it was an option for Ayumi's ringo pie block  that I abandoned!  I have wanted to make a pattern from this block for ages.  Hopefully soon ~ It was fun to put it together : )


I had a wonderful first week of summer break and a wonderful weekend.
On Thursday, I met Melinda  (quirky granola girl) who was visiting Seattle from Maryland!  We have known each other two years online via Flickr through the Farmer's wife bee, Cocorico Bee and Ringo Pie bee
She is the loveliest person and we had such a fun afternoon shopping for fabric - of course : )
I also had a wonderful afternoon with my friend Sue who loves fabric as much as I do!
 
Here are my new acquisitions!
 
 I heart these lovely new Atsuko Maysuyama prints from Lecien.  Becca at Sew Me A Song has a nice selection in her shop here.
 
Sweet Low volume fabrics.  From Left to Right:
Avalon for moda, Posy by Aneela Hooey for Moda, Avalon for Moda, Basics by Alison Lindhardt for Adorn.it
 
Fun Pink, Red and Aqua
From Left to Right:
Timeless Treasures, Boho by Urban chiks for Moda, Giddy by Sandy Gervais for moda, Chemistry, Lakehouse dry goods, Avalon by Moda, 30's collection from Lecien.
 
Some of these have already made it into my Pretty Triangles quilt!
 
xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful block - gorgeous fabric choices as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt block!
    How do you do the printing on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is awesome that you were able to meet a fellow blogger in real time. Also it looks like you have found quite a few treasures from the sewing bins. All of these patterns are just awesome to look at. I can’t wait to see what you do with them.


    My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!