1.01.2014

Finding that pesky out of print & hard to find fabric!





Happy New Year!!  Hope your celebration was lovely!
I stayed up 'till midnight and all the boys - even my youngest of 6, made it to midnight!
Both were so tired they put themselves to bed tonight without a fuss : )


Recently, I received an email from a reader who wanted to make the Tea time Coasters from Stitch Winter 2013 magazine with the same fabrics.  When I designed the project I went right to my stash to find my favorite icy blue prints to go with the palette.  Well.....most of the prints were out of print  (oop ) fabrics.   I proceeded to identify the fabrics and give her a few tips for finding oop fabrics which I thought I would share with you.

My first method is to search etsy.  They often have out of print fabrics but you may have to pay a bit more than the original price.   Search the print name, manufacturer, and also the designer.

Ebay is another great resource!  I was able to locate the DS Quilts Meadow Lark print pictured above for a fair price.




Last resort is to search on Bing or Google.  A bit more work but I've had good results.

My advice,  if you find you love a fabric and tend to use it over and over again,  buy a few yards,  you will be glad you did!!!



Here is a sneak peek of a project I was busy working on today for Sew Mama Sew.  It is a first muslin but I think I like where it is going : )  I'll share the project next week!


xo
Charise


2 comments:

  1. HI Charise, Delta Patchwork on line store has all those stripped Suzuko fabrics....Happy New Year, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Lecien Whitewash here in the shop if anyone needs some. I have both the white background and a cream background. I don't have an online shop so they'd have to call me at 931-433-1886 if they're interested. As a tea drinker I absolutely love your teacups! I'm going to have to make myself a set before too much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!