3.19.2014

Spring Butterfly ~ Vintage Block Quilt Along ~ WIP Wednesday



It is a cold and rainy day in Seattle so it has been nice to work on a cheerful project.    Hard to believe that Spring is just one day away!

These butterflies are the 11th block in my Vintage Block Quilt Along.  They are an Alice Brooks pattern and I've decided to make four - one for each corner of the quilt.  They are surprisingly easy to put together!
The pattern is coming soon : )
Find the pattern HERE!



I played around with the quilt layout  and  I'm thinking about adding white sashing with aqua cornerstones.  The quilt needs a bit of order so I thought the butterflies at each corner will be just the ticket.

What are you working on?

Link up over at Freshly Pieced to share your Work(s) in Progress.

xo
Charise




10 comments:

  1. The butterflies look gorgeous, very fresh and Spring like. In fact the whole quilt is like that and I think it will look amazing with the white and acqua added too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS !!!!!! EVERY SINGLE BLOCK !!! Love the colors and fabrics !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Your new butterfly blocks are such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look great. I need to finish my blocks. I'm just a little behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those butterflies are just darling and such a wonderful addition to you vintage block collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for the pattern the butterflies are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. It's already looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those butterflys and the fabrics your using!!! So happy and so SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Charise! I found your blog through Patchwork Posse and I am so glad! Your blocks and fabric choices are lovely and will make a wonderful quilt! Greetings. Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!